Kidney bean and coconut soup
Recipe sent by:
- 100 g of finely chopped onion
- 100 g of finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoonful of curry powder
- 1 teaspoonful of salt
- 1/4 teaspoonful of black pepper
- 3 spoonfuls of butter
- 1 teaspoonful of Jumbo Aroma
- 200 g of fresh tomato cut into pieces
- 600 g of kidney beans (canned)
- 500 ml of coconut milk
- 200 g of water
- 100 g of boiled rice
This recipe, very healthy and easy to make, is typical of Tanzania.
Fry the onion, green pepper, curry powder, salt and pepper in the butter until they are tender then add the tomatoes.
Simmer for 2 minutes before adding the beans, the coconut milk, a teaspoonful of Jumbo Aroma and the water.
Cook over a low flame for 10 minutes then add the boiled rice.
Serve the soup in deep plates and decorate with grated coconut.
Preparation time: 25 min. aprox.